Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Flyer flap

Outrageous fabrications attributed to Dan MacNeilage!(?)

I have a few questions:

1. Was this really sent by Dan?

2. Was it "paid for by Dan MacNeilage" as it says? Including postage?

3. Who's permit number 819?

4. Didn't someone calling himself Dan MacNeilage complain bitterly when I pointed out that the Sayles smear website was "full of fabrications?" What are those pictures of checks? I got some questions from people in Lathrop and they believed those checks were supposed to be photographs of actual checks! Of course they are not.

5. How do you vote against someone? Why does that language sound familiar?

6. Did the mayor really "write a check" for 37 million dollars? Does the mayor keep the city checkbook in her purse? Doesn't it take four other members of the city council? Why do you show only "Kristy Sayles" on the check fabricated for this mailer? Is that to make it look like Kristy Sayles alone does things? Is she like a dictator now?

7. Why is the mayor being blamed for the school's sewer? The schools are not built by the city! The schools are built by the Manteca Unified School District (MUSD).

I happened to be at that MUSD meeting when "some guy" from some builder/sub-contractor, I don't even remember, sauntered before the school board and "announced" that he wasn't going to finish the sewer pipe -- he didn't feel like it because he felt someone (the main contractor or the school board or someone) "owed him money."

This was during public comments, it wasn't even on the agenda. The trustees had to ask him, "eh... the school opens in two weeks...when we flush the toilet, what happens?" And "this guy" said there was some tank out there and they could truck out the waste. And then he left. This was a complete surprise -- two weeks before the school opened. No one at the school board or the mayor or any member of the public knew there was some problem before this guy "dropped" it on us.

The problem is not related to sewer capacity. There is plenty of sewer capacity. That's what the city was responsible for. If the guy didn't build the pipe correctly, that's not Mayor Sayles' fault. If anything, it was the fault of the contractor and it's somehow related to some "cash flow" problems from one of the big land-developers.

Both MacNeilage and Councilman Oliver have raised this spurious issue. What's bad is they both know better. They both know the mayor cannot fix disputes at the school district.

8. Aren't those payments related to "pay as you go" development agreements? And guess what -- who approved of "pay as you go" (crazy method of development)? The mailer blames Sayles for these payments. The exact opposite is true: Mayor Sayles voted against the things she's being blamed for! It was Oliver, Rhodes and Dresser who voted in favor of the "pay as you go!"

This is right from the public record (page 8 of the pdf), the minutes from the 18 Jul 06 meeting of the Lathrop City Council.

After hearing about the "pay as you go" scheme from Richland and Richland's consultant and after public discussion, Sayles (then mayor pro tempore) moved to approve the agreement without the pay as you go provision. Mayor Rhodes, Councilmen Oliver and Dresser voted against this and the motion failed. Immediately after that, Mayor Rhodes moved to approve the pay as you go development. Rhodes, Oliver, and Dresser voted "yes" and Sayles and Dhaliwal voted "no!"

Here's a page from the documents (people seem to like documents). You can click on the image to enlarge it or look at the original pdf file (pg 8 and 9).

No wonder so many are throwing so much money at getting Sayles out of the way. Sayles is the only thing standing between the developers and big money taken from the Lathrop taxpayers!


I almost forgot... I liked the part in the mailer about how Sayles "has been accused of ..." The translation: One person accused her. This citizen apparently didn't know it was legal for people to donate money to a candidate. Or the complaint was "someone I don't like donated to the candidate, so that must be illegal." Or something like that. The grand jury found everything was proper. But it's an "accusation." If that's the standard now, then I'm going to start "accusing" people of things.

7 comments:

  1. Apparently Dan MacNielage belongs to Tom and Kathy Luckey, they both engage in outright lies, forging an elected officials signature on false documents such as checks supposedly issued by the City of Lathrop.
    I openly call you a liar, forger, and dispicable person Mr. MacNielage. This website has the documents posted (minutes of the city council meeting) that put the lie to Mr. MacNielage's statements concerning who spent the $37 million and who recieved it. The postal permit number belongs to Tom and Kathy Luckey, the sleeze bags behind the mailer. When I see you in public Mr. MacNielage, I will call you what you are, a liar along with your friends, Thimler, McKee, Rhoades, Oliver, the Luckey's, et al.
    P.S.
    Should I find that you have conspired with the firm of J.D. Maurer and Assoc. (who by the way have been successfully sued for civil racketeering in the State of North Corolina), read between the lines.
    I am going to finish what others have started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all fool.......watch your mouth and get your facts straight.....the pay as you go didnt fail...IT NEVER HAPPENED!....She knew this and told me herself!.....the city failed in the acceptance of billing agreement for the FCAA......the agreement clearly was deviated from the original understanding and presentation given to council. If you care to use your real name, I would be happy to provide official city documents. Kristy blamed this on others.....Bob Oliver....Steve Dresser...She claimed it was a back room deal...When the mistake from Mr Spata was discovered the CITY realized NO completion bond exhisted... The ONLY bond provided by Richland was a grading and de-watering bond produced by Tiechert Construction .....they are still owed 3.5 million retention by Richland......Question is...why did she continue to pay the draw requests? ....Why didnt she take this back to council as ANY responsible civic leader would do?....as all of the failures that occurred during the last 2 years....She has blamed "others"......geez......If you accept the accolaides for the accomplishments.....then accept the responsibilty for the failures as well......that is all any of us would expect from our city leaders.....expose the problems so they may be solved....not brushed under the carpet and pretend you had nothing to do with it. THAT didnt happen like she says and she knows it!
    As for the postal permit number....it belongs to the printer/mailer you idiot......Kristy has used this same company in Stockton herself to mail flyers......she is the one who told me about their rates being the least expensive.....DUH!
    I do not know why she has a hard on for the Luckeys......She had no problem TAKING money from them......if they are such SLEAZE BAGS....give them their money back....its about 10 grand.....oh yes....and Im sure the church that the sayles family attends surley would not want to be tainted with sleazy money either.......that would be about $2,000.00 they donated for Tom to go back to New Orleans.....
    The Luckeys'are good folks....they have given to every request for donations since they moved here.....by the way it is spelled Cathie.....Its always someone elses fault.....My Uncle...Evil Developers....Kid on the corner....Someone from North Carolina....same ole story
    as usual....."It cant be anything Kristy has done....its the actions of the Bad Guys" WAH! WAH! WAH!
    And finally......My address is on the mailer.....right around the corner from Ruby Ct......sashay on over and we can discuss this like men.....or just keep sassing like a little school girl.I sent out a mailer of my own because of the lies and disingenouos remarks mailed to me by her campaign. I am my own man and would welcome a visit to my face to say what you so freely call me anonomously
    Dan Mac Neilage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOW dAN HER IS OWNED BY NO ONE i WISH YOU WOULD JUST SEE THINGS AS THE ARE KRISTY IS A LIER AND A CHEAT IN MANY WAYS A CHEAT. tOM THERE IS SO MUCH MORE THAT HAS NOT BEEN PUT FROTH YET AND THAT IS SAD FOR THOSE WHO NEED TO BE PROTECTED. I HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR YOU wm WHAT WILL YOU DO WHEN THE ELECTION IS OVER? CRAWL BACK IN YOU HOLE HAS YOU ONLY COME OUT TO RIDE COAT TAILS MAYBE THE SAYLES ARE PAYING YOU. YOU KNOW I'VE SEEN YOU BEFORE MR. JOE AND HAVE THOUGHT WHAT A STRANGE LITTLE MAN HE IS. YOU LIST NO REAL JOB SO WHO IS REALLY PAYING YOUR BILLS??????????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments. You're probably right!

    Dan: I appreciate your commentary and let me just say that Dan you have every right to express your viewpoints in any form, in person, in web notes or mailings, etc.

    I often express viewpoints and I'm subject to criticism just like anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for YOUR remarks Joe.....My intention was to only rebuke the mailers that had been sent to my mailbox. There always seems to be a thread of truth in what she or her campaign people have put out.....the problem I have had is that it doesnt characterize the situation truthfully. Am I so smart that I am the only one that knows this stuff????.....Certainly not!....I am just a knucklehead that took the time to go to city hall and request and review the actual documents for "Pay as you Go" and how it played out in reality. I know she voted against the concept. I believe she thought she was doing the right thing at the time....but in the same breath....she also misunderstood the concept and actions approved by council. In the words of our cities finacial director, and I quote,"Pay as you go, or simular bridge finacing mechanisms, are in many cases, necessary in completing large scale backbone infrastructure." In other words....it works when facilitated properly.Thats where we had a hitch in our getalong.....facilitating the concept properly. Her flyers indicate an entirely different story and calls out others for the problem. This was all I was saying. The person that helped me with the flyer added the newsclippings....probably could have left those out.....they were not my words, but nor did I make them up either.They were quotes from the newspapers she takes quotes from. In her flyer she used a quote from Dennis Wyatt who has the same difficulty understanding the facts on this. She stated it was a special tax she voted against. NOT TRUE!...She voted against what to do with the special tax revenues once the bond debt was satisfied. I always sign my name to what I say.....my earlier remarks were in reference to the first anonomous posting calling me a liar and cheat. Tom Sayles has spelled my name incorrectly the same way in the past and used terms I recognize.....I could be wrong, but I believe Tom Sayles wrote the first comments here. If I am wrong....then I am wrong...But, If you are going to say things about me...show some intestinal fortitude and use your name.... The remarks were not directed towards Joe....
    Dan Mac Neilage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just for the record dumb ass, Dan MacNeilage is nobody's bitch, unlike you who has no license, lives vicariously through your wife and hides behind 'anonymous'. You have no right to speak of Dan, the Luckey's 'McKee' or myself, however, it would be my pleasure to discuss this woman to dumb ass in person anytime! I guess that wouldn't work for you since I am over the age of five ane I can stick up for myself! Laura Thimler

    ReplyDelete
  7. For the record, my name is Steven McKee. I learned a long time ago if you have something to say, that you feel is truthful and important, you want people to know who is saying it. You don't want to hide behind corners, behind other people. Otherwise it gives the impression you are lying or don't believe in your own words. All of the information I have received and spoken about has been from the City, through Public Records Requests I have made during City Council meetings, which I have paid for. My only interest has been to protect the residents of Lathrop, many of whom have voted for me during my 13 and a half years on Council.Unlike others, I lived in Lathrop from the time I was born until I moved in 2003, approximately 45 years. My Father was born in a farm house in Lathrop. Lathrop will always be my home at heart.
    I am saddened and furious to see our promising city and our residents go through unnecessary difficult times. For the past six months, I have been at City Council meetings trying to point out mistakes, mismanagement and coverups - always within the public's view. Because of these efforts,the Mayor's husband has constantly accused me of trying to destroy her. Go figure...If pointing out mistakes, mismanagement and coverups, is destroying somebody, then maybe they should stop what they are doing. I have never stooped to the level of telling lies, name calling or hiding behind other people. Mr. Sayles a.k.a Anonymous, if you wish to debate any issue, let's do it in public and give the public something (or someone) to laugh about. It is easier to defend fact than fiction. I wouldn't support Kristy during her first campaign, even trying to talk her out of running. For the record, I would not not support, endorse, aid her and her candidacy for Mayor even if someone held a gun to my head! What many don't know is that when you elect Kristy Sayles you also get Tom Sayles, who knows even less than she does. He has consistently proven his character, or lack thereof through his writings. Good luck to the citizen's of Lathrop, if she is re-elected, yopu are going to need it!
    I have nothing to gain financially, or otherwise by doing this. It is with a heavy heart, done solely due to my deep care and love for this community.
    Steven R. McKee
    (Never Anonymous)

    ReplyDelete