Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Teacher attacks citizen at board meeting



In this video, Ken Johnson, the head of the teacher’s union is speaking.  I follow (with the camera) Mr. Johnson back to his seat to film the audience and applause.  A woman sitting next to Mr. Johnson yells something at me.  I got the idea she didn’t like the video when she hid her face behind some papers.  Next,  I’m trying to film the events (the union leader) without getting the woman who doesn’t like being filmed in the frame.   Then Mr. Johnson comes over where I’m sitting and goes back to his seat, next the woman comes over from across the room and starts yelling at me some more and smacking me with her papers/book and her hand!


I apologize for my impolite words, I tend to be a little short when someone chases me across the room to hit me with their papers.  Although you’d think by now I’d be used to that.

10 comments:

  1. Hmmm...you state your "policy" is that if someone doesn't want to be filmed and they aren't part of the "story" you'll move on and not film them. Yet when she told you not to film her you asked why. Clearly she wasn't part of the "story" and clearly she did't want to be filmed. How does your wife and kids feel about you stalking women in public meetings?

    I really enjoy your edit at about the 1min 31sec mark. Editing for content. Can't have the whole truth there can we.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. The group was "part of the story" because they were participating in a protest against the school board.

    This is a part of the video. However, at 1:31 The camera was on STBY and turned back to REC when I was attacked. You can see the reporter in front react to the commotion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, someone goes to a public meeting of a public school district and expects his/her attendance to be private? Your policy of filming with consent is laudable, but not necessary in the public setting.

    (BTW, the comment by anon. re: stalking is pathetic and juvenile.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the entire video and there was no editing. This was an unprovoked assault..and battery! Had the unnamed woman who attacked Joe not walked across the room and assaulted him, there would be no video of her here. No one has a right to get in your face and yell and hit you just because they don't like your presence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No editing--are you a fool or what. I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anonymous: What is it you believe occurred that isn't in the video or what about the video isn't accurate?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sir are not an American Hero. You think your little rants mean anything in the lives of normal people...They don’t! You are obviously a small man that needs to validate your worth by creating meaningless dribble. A hero that calls himself a hero is only a hero when he’s alone. PLEASE FIND ANOTHER HOBBIE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dude (AH) brings other thoughts to mind, anyway this dude is a little man with a little mind. What kind of FREAK would actually do something like this.

    ReplyDelete